The doctor removed my staples in my back and I immediately felt better.
To be clear about dialysis. Arolodo is the director of the program and will continue to serve as so. He will work closely with Walt but everyone needs to understand that Aroldo is in charge of the dialysis mission.
Ideas for a happy marriage
- Meeting emotional needs
- Resolving conflict. There times in our marriage we did exactly the opposite of what the Word says. We went to bed angry. The saddest part of that is that the problems were still there in the morning. Conflict in marriage is inevitable. Fighting is optional.
- Apology and forgiveness. These two are extremely difficult for some couples and more so in the husband. The battle may be over but the emotional scars are still apparent. There are three “A’s” of successful relationships:
Apologize for something from the past.
Appreciate something from the present.
Anticipate something in the future.
- Creating a relationship vision. Ask yourself this question. ”If we knew we couldn’t fail and we could design our relationship any way we wanted it, how would we want it to be?
As Dottie and I age we talk very often about the future. Of course I want to preach and share the story of Casa as long as I am mentally and physically able. We have a goal of living out our time as grandparents in Casa and Louisiana and to leave this world healthy and of sound mind.
Dottie has done a wonderful job nursing me. All the holiday visitors have left though we will have folks over the Christmas holidays. Work teams!
Walt and Randi will be updating to inform you that the Lord has moved on their hearts to take an up-front position on the dialysis ministry. It is something they have been interested in doing since Walt’s first trip to Casa. He will liaison with Dr. Lou, coordinate projects for work teams and stay on top of costs. He feels a pull on his heart to get the project back on track. Finance are poor everywhere but God is to still on the throne.
Walt’s new email address is email@example.com
We only have a few weeks before we have to make major decisions concerning Vencedores and that age group of boys. I know that we cannot move by circumstances, we must move by faith. So I am asking everyone to pray for this great need.
Rubin left CASA following graduation in 2003 and went to Cleveland, Tn. Today after visiting his mother he dropped by to pray for me. He is successful in marriage, business and is a precious son to me.
I read a lot of Christian books on marriage. Recently I read Jeff Herrings ideas about having a healthy marriage. He gives 7 keys:
- Not just the commitment to stay married but being committed to the growth of your spouse as well as having their best interests in mind. Dottie dropped out of college to help me get my degrees. She also put me first and because of it she has realized the great education she has received by following Christ and studying His Word.
- “Let’s try it your way” should be one of the sentences you use with your spouse. Do not be so bullheaded in marriage that you are threatened by the wisdom of your spouse. This is not my marriage. It is our marriage.
- Nearly every couple on earth will struggle with good, open and positive communication. If yu cannot discuss your own thoughts and opinions then the marriage is headed for a wreck.
- Meeting emotional needs. The longer we have lived together the more Dottie and I have discovered how each of us tick. She knows my reactions to situations before they even occur. We can read each other like a book. This is from years of communication(good and bad).
To be continue!
Jim and Kate re both in the states. He went to see his children in New Zealand and she is with her family in Florida.
This is a first as Fernando saved all year in order to provide a vacation for his wife, Ana, and daughter Andreas. This guy has made major points with his wife and daughter. He sent them to Italy.
I am feeling much better but still I am weak. I need to guard against of getting too active too quickly.
Sebastian, Alex and Josue’ are working on a program to satisfy the government in allowing children over 18 to visit their families I began working on the finances because I am moving so slowly.
During the Civil War the following was found in the pocket of a dead Confederate soldier:
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak that I might learn humbly how to obey. I asked for health, that I might do greater things I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing I asked for but everything I had hoped for. Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered
I am among men most richly blessed. What a difference our lives would make if we heeded these words.
Gladys preached for m this morning.
Today was visiting day so we had some children feeling really well and others sad.
The news on our daughter with the cancer gets better as her Oncologist said she is relatively cancer free end can have surgery. She asked me to thank you for praying.
Mother Teresa prayed the following prayer:
Deliver me from the desire of being loved Deliver me from the desire of being extolled Deliver me from the desire of being honored Deliver me from the desire of being praised
Deliver me from the desire of being preferred Deliver me from the desire of being consulted Deliver me from the desire of being approved Deliver me from the desire of being popular
Deliver me from the fear of being humiliated Deliver me from the fear of being despised Deliver me from the fear of suffering rebukes Deliver me from the fear of being forgotten
Deliver me from the fear of being wronged Deliver me from the fear of being ridiculed Deliver me from the fear of being suspected
Fear and Desire are two sides of the same coin in God’s eyes. Pride and fear both are powerful tools in the hands o the devil. We must be vigilant to guard our own emotions.Teresa
Dottie was back in her garden today and she enjoyed it better than babysitting me. Dr. Miquel came to check up on me and the fact Dr Hines said you do not see physicians in the USA following up by visiting in the homes of those they operated on. A diffrent wayof doing things.
The Bible says so much about finding peace. Worry & discouragement chase away our peace. So here is what the Bible says:
- “Great peace have they which love thy law: nothing shall offend them”. Psalm 119:165. Loving to read the Word brings peace.
- “Do not worry about anything whatsoever”, Philippians 4:6. There should not be anything happening in our lives that God cannot control.
- In everything make your requests known to God in prayer and petition with thanksgiving. THEN the peace of go will keep guard over your heart”. Philippians 4:6-7. An attitude of gratefulness must be in you for you to receive His peace.
- “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest”. Matthew 11:29 Follow His example. Walk as close to Jesus with all your heart.
- “Peace is my parting gift to you, my own peace, such as the world cannot give”. John 14:27. Again we see the need for connection to Jesus. The world and the things of the world will never give lasting peace.
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart”. Colossians 3:15. You have to allow it. If you do not do the first 5 listed above then you are not allowing Him to give you peace.
- “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing”. Romans 15:13. It takes faith (active hope in God) for you to receive His joy and peace.
“Cast all your cares on Him for you are His charge”. I Peter 5:7. Like throwing a ball you have to let your worries and fears leave your hand and go into the hands of Jesus