Brother Roy preached in my place and spoke of I Corinthians 13.
It was a cool day but was so peaceful following the activities of the last week.
Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote “What is success?”
- To laugh often and love much.
- To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children.
- To earn the approval of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends.
- To appreciate beauty.
- To find the best in others.
- To give of one’s self.
- To leave the world a bit better, whether with a garden patch or a redeemed social condition.
- To have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exaltation
- To know that even one life has breathed easier because you lived.
I could write a little blurb on each point but I would rather that you would take each of these and relate them personally to yourself. All of these 9 points are true but #6 is to give of yourself and I an tell you that without that you are not a success.