A number of teams are here including Dr Hines. Their team is setting up new beds in the baby dorm.
There is a Penn team as well as 2 Louisiana. Blaine preached for me when I was in the hospital.
Meredith with her family from Texas will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for EVERYONE including the children.
Dottie has a team doing electrical work and another doing gardening. Other teams are painting. Everyone is working well together.
The great General Collin Powell had suggestions of rules to live by that served him well in his service to our nation in the Gulf War.
- It ain’t as bad as you think, it will look better in the morning. There is no doubt that too often when we receive negative news we think it is the end. Whereas praying and then sleeping on the problem will make it totally different in the morning.
- Get mad then get over it. It is the festering anger that will kill your peace and joy.
- Avoid having your ego so close to your position in life that if you lose the position you will not lose your ego also. I am there! 28 years as Papi and soon I will be retired so to speak. I will lose my position but it will not change who I am deep inside.
- It can be done! I do not have enough space to list all the things that have happened to Casa over the years that people told me was impossible. We serve a God who meets needs and we should never doubt that.
- Be careful what you choose, you may get it. If we do not make choices God’s way(such as a spouse) there will be the devil to pay down the road.
- Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision. So many people never step out in fact because they worry about the cost or the time involved therefore they never get blessed by God.
- Share credit. I shudder when I hear people talk about all that Dottie and I have done. Casa was the idea of God, founded by God, funded by God and sustained by God.