Our high school band participated in band competition in San Bartolome’ from 2pm until 6pm. There was a marching competition also. The civic awards were given today and the children presented traditional Mayan dances. The teens participated in a cooking competition.
We drove to Trinity Baptist in Norman, Ok for the evening service.
Independence week cooking competitionProverbs has 15 different verses about anger. Proverbs 14:29 says a hot temper is stupidity. 19:19 says if you get angry you will suffer the consequences. 30:33 says that anger causes arguments.
Of all the sins in the bible (and they are many) the sin that has been part of life in the most powerful way is anger and a temper accompanied by outbursts and withdrawing. Dottie knows it and my kids know it. Although I have gotten better by time and aging I realize that I have to take control of my emotions. Someone visiting Casa said that there was something different about me. “You seem to be more calm”.
I would like to give you a list of things that will help you if you have been infected by the disease of anger.
- Recognize that it is a problem. How often do you explode? What sets you off?
- Try to delay the outburst. You know when the rage is coming so control it.
- Take your anger out on an inanimate object. Kick a ball.
- Turn your attention to something else. Get your mind off the person/situation.
- As God to help you immediately. Make this a habit.
- Write down what sets you off and read it daily.
- Do not go to bed nursing anger. Read Ephesians 4:26. “Be you angry & sin not. Do not let the sun go down on your anger”.
- Avoid situations that are likely to cause the explosions.
- Walk away, pray and calm down.